Basin interior: 7 Reasons for not using them
1. Liners will eventually leak. Manufacturers have different warranties, ranging from 15 to 30 years, with a life expectancy of 75 years. In fact, definitely going to last as long as the warranty claim, as long as you leave the box and save in his garage.
After placing it on the ground, nature's forces begin a contest to see who breaks the waterproof integrity first. Competed for the title is guilty of gophers, squirrels, chipmunks, rats, moles, the roots of trees, plants and weeds, sharp rocks, heavy rocks, sharp objects, and moose (if you live in Alaska).
If a leak develops, it is almost impossible to find without removing all the rocks that cover the lining, drain the pond, the diffusion line on the floor, and inspecting every square inch. A small hole can lose five gallons of water every 24 hours.
2. Bottom drains can not be used with liners. Discount Liner advocates the use of bottom drains, mainly because you do not want to tell, because about half of the sources for leaks The ponds are lined bottom drains. When the line is cut to install the drain, sealants are used in conjunction with the rings of pressure for a seal airtight. Sealants are dry or broken necklaces and seal fabric, resulting in long, costly repair.
3. You can not use bombs outside the pond. As advocates lines that do not use bottom drains, who can not use bombs on the ground, leave no other option but to use sump pumps. These pumps were originally designed to pump water from sump pits in basements and cellars. They are not designed to save energy, in fact, are the largest energy consumers per horsepower of all bombs. The largest retail / wholesale shirts, pumps and accessories sold a sump pump that produces 4200 gallons per hour to 704 watts for $ 339.00. This pump must be removed from the pond to clean debris from your intake filter. This is a potential shock hazard to fish and humans and is full of oil, which has the potential to filter out and covering the surface of the pond.
By contrast, a bomb on the ground that provides more than 600 gallons per hour (4800) for less than half the cost of energy (348 watts) and costs more than $ 100 less. Running This pump 24 hours per day will result in a saving of more than $ 500 per year for the sump pump. In other words, the energy savings pay for the above-ground and to pump an additional $ 270 in cash in his pocket the first year.
If that is not enough incentive, a second reason for using the bomb on the ground is that there is never a need to worry about clogging it since I installed two 8 "anti-vortex drain at the bottom. The only maintenance required is to occasionally remove the lid of the basket of the leaf in the pump and dump dirt basket catch. Because this is a high efficiency pump, which is very silent, and standing next to it you can just listen in operation.
With the liner Pond Pump is located on the outer edge of the pond, not in the middle as in the professional concrete and rebar buildings. We August 2 "anti-vortex drain in the center of the lagoon, 24 cm away. As fish waste and other suspended particles and algae spores are deposited on the bottom, they are drawn into the drains and obtained by the filter. Ultraviolet light placed in series between the filter and return the pond to kill pathogenic bacteria that can cause illness and turn green pond.
In more deep ponds covering use, all waste materials installed and accumulates at the bottom and rots, creating ammonia which is toxic to fish and other aquatic life. Since a sump pump is located near the outer edge of the lagoon and not in the middle at the bottom, the maximum efficient movement can not be achieved. This creates toxic cloud areas in the pond bottom. Most of the ponds I've seen online are only 24 "deep, and circulation not a problem in these cases. However, the Koi Fish is not recommended in these types of ponds, koi experts recommend a depth of at least 3 feet.
4. Not you can use a biological filter maintenance free high pressure line with a pond. When you use a sump pump, you have to use a power serious bio-falls, downstream or upstream filter. All these are inefficient and result in high maintenance costs. They need to be cleaned frequently the elimination of all Filter Media loaded with waste. To say the least, this is a nasty, stinky job, messy that neither women nor my clients are most of my male clients hope to accomplish.
high pressure filter UV Aqua contains the state of the art technology enabling him to return to be simply wash with a turn of the crank. The discharge hose can handle the fish waste and scrap of particles down the drain, or it can be used to irrigate the garden or lawn. The high pressure filter is designed to handle five to ten times the volume of water that a unit of gravity flow or bioinformatics, the Falls can handle.
Besides all this, the patented design allows this filter accounts for the maximum surface area on which Nitrifying bacteria can live and break down the nitrites. The "Liner Guy" wants you to use your messy, dirty, stinky filter is ineffective because the filter and costs very little to manufacture compared with the filter of professional accounts. My views on the filters come from many years of experience, and try almost everything the one on the market. I even jumped on the bandwagon "filter" for a couple of years and used my own design.
Why? Because incredible profit margin! When I discovered the Aqua Ultraviolet filter advertised in various magazines of the pond, gave me a chance. I've been using for more than ten years without any problems. My clients clean the filter with the change of a handle and keep clean. An additional benefit of this filter is great that you can have twice the number of fish in the pond when using inefficient gravity filters. Indeed, this is not an endorsement of payment of your product!
5. Safety is a concern when using pond liners. After a pit, a pond liner is placed in the hole and then filled with water. The rocks are then placed around the perimeter the pond to cover the edge of the lining of the pond, and more stones piled in a mound of earth is covered by another line to create a waterfall. From my 26 years of experience, I learned that many adults are like children when it comes to ponds and waterfalls.
They inevitably get on the rocks of the waterfall and the pond edge. Since the rocks are loose, they can move, tilt or change in the lining of the pond, so if someone falls and get hurt or, worse, drowning. With the construction of concrete and professional rod, all rocks are cemented in place, provide a secure base for walking or climbing.
6. pond shape liners pond and limit setting. Why most online ponds circular or oval in design? For covering pond is dispensed in rolls and therefore only available in square or rectangular shapes. If an L-shaped pool was designed, would require an amount to be collected pond liner over the inside corner. Not only is dearly missed square feet of pond liner material, it is difficult to stack rocks in the top of the shirt grouped so that conceal it.
Oh sure, "Liner Guy" you're thinking, why not mention that in the form Pond coatings can be custom made? Well, I will mention! Custom shirts pond can be made to order. And now I will mention that this custom pond line will cost as much as the construction of a professional pond with steel bars and concrete that will last a lifetime. There, I mentioned!
7. Last but not least, Integrity. When I read articles written by "" the type of line of disciples, boasting about the benefits resulting from the construction of the pond liner wicked, I can not help but wonder how they sleep at night. The benefit of a day's work – digging a hole falling into a pond liner covering its surface and the perimeter with loose rocks, and plugging in a power suction sump pump – which equals I have done in four or five days of work. One big difference: your warranty is one year, if you're lucky, but one built with concrete and steel is for life!
I am the person previous customers "The type of line" is called two or three years down the road, asking to fix the leak in your pond stinky green wire. A client in Poway, California, paid $ 6,500 for a pond with a collar line of stone around the perimeter and a waterfall 3 feet x 4 fiber glass on its edge. I had to suppress a laugh when I saw it out of respect for the death of my client.
This pond had a bottom drain that was leaked, however, most Water loss is derived from a tree root puncture. In addition, it was obvious that this "Liner Guy" disciple did not have his long-term client financial wellbeing of the mind after I discovered a cheap method, 7 – power amplifier, which aims "whirlpool pump. We replaced it with an amplifier 3.6 high-efficiency pump that supplied about twice the flow.
We then took off his shirt, reconfigured oval shape of the serpentine lake, and built the pond and waterfall shell using rebar (8 inches on center) and 3500 psi concrete with fiber added stealth. We installed two 8 " bottom drains, skimmer added a professional, a Venturi air supply valve, a natural rock waterfall, an island of turtles held a 25-foot bridge spanning the pond, a "Ultima II" high pressure, washable filter, ultraviolet light, lighting in the pond and waterfall. and a AquaFill electronic leveling of pond water. All this took us eight days from start to finish and only costs $ 2,000 more than the customer originally paid.
In conclusion: It is no wonder why I despise the "get rich quick" online plan to build the pond? The "liner" guy hates to hear me refer ponds and concrete reinforcing steel "construction professional." They insist on their ponds are building professional line. And if so, why sell the kits same owners as-it-yourself business people to build rental?
I am proud to claim more than 1,900 satisfied customers in 26 years. Ninety-five percent of my clientele comes from referrals satisfied customers. No more wondering why this is so.
Is there a place for online ponds? Yes, if you are renting and hope to move in two or three years. Or if you are setting up a temporary exhibition. No, I am totally against liners. They are excellent for truck beds swimming pools and cheap! In fact, I have made thousands of dollars over the years of pond liners – by replacing with concrete and steel!
An ounce of prevention is worth a [lake] cure. Happy koi, peace and joy.
About the Author
DIY PVC OverFlow / Sump / Return Spraybar
Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
Aquaponics is a revolutionary system for growing plants by fertilizing them with the waste water from fish in a sustainable closed system. A combination of aquaculture and hydroponics, aquaponic gardening is an amazingly productive way to grow organic vegetables, greens, herbs, and fruits, while providing the added benefits of fresh fish as a safe, healthy source of protein. On a larger scale, it …
How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Manual of Step-by-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
First published in 1969, this classic manual of automotive repair equips VW owners with the knowledge to handle every situation they will come across with any air-cooled Volkswagen built through 1978, including Bugs, Karmann Ghias, vans, and campers. With easy-to-understand, fun-to-read information — for novice and veteran mechanics alike — anecdotal descriptions, and clear language, this book…
How to Rebuild Your Volkswagen air-Cooled Engine (All models, 1961 and up)
How to Rebuild Your Volkswagen air-Cooled Engine (All models, 1961 and up)…
JEGS Performance Products 15381 Pro-Street Drop Sump Fuel Cell
JEGS Pro-Street Fuel Cells Video JEGS pro-street fuel cells can be used in competition. Features sturdy yet lightweight roto-molded and cross-linked polyethylene material construction a GM style 0-90 ohm lever typ…
Electric Oil Scavenge Gear Pump Remote Turbo Rear Mount Return Line 12 Volts
NEW 12v Oil Scavenge Pump
Small Design, For Motorcycles, ATV’s, Cars or other smaller turbo application
Reliable, Quiet, Easy to Install, Easy to Use Pump!
-Flow Rate: 1.3GPM